For the fish:
- 4 x 120g pieces flathead or whiting
- 500g cocktail potatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups gluten free breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- wedges of lemon
For the salsa verde:
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp baby capers
- 2 small anchovies
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Blanch potatoes in salted water for 10-12mins and drain well.
- Use a fork to lightly score each potato and set aside.
- Lay out 3 dishes – one each for the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of fish in flour, egg then breadcrumbs and set aside in the fridge for 30 mins (this helps the bread crumbs stick better!)
- Place all salsa verde ingredients in a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Heat enough oil in a large saucepan for deep frying then cook the potatoes in batches till golden, drain on kitchen paper and place in oven to keep warm.
- Fry the fish in two batches until golden on all sides, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve cumbed fish with crispy potatoes, salsa verde, wedges of lemon and a healthy fresh and crisp green salad.