- 1/4 black quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium carrots peeled & coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 Tbs chives, chopped
- Grated rind of one orange
- Juice of one orange, strained
- 1 Tbs ginger, freshly grated
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2-3 Tbs fresh lime juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan with water and bring to boil, reduce heat and cover to simmer for 12-16 mins until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Place carrot, dates, coconut and chives into a large bowl and stir in quinoa, ginger, orange zest and juice, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix well and place in fridge for one hour prior to serving.